been asked this to many times this week:
"so why did you choose to do nursing?"
i really don't know. i thought, perhaps, God might have put me on that particular CAMPUS for a reason...and then....maybe in the field for a certain purpose.
but none of this gives me the extensive motivation that nursing requires. i haven't found my zone inside nursing that makes me love it. i have barely any motivation to go found out more, get involved in it more, etc. Maybe it's because i don't feel confident in this at all, and being in an environment where people's lives are in jepoardy all the time...
It's not just that, but that i feel so different from my classmates. they're so hardworking, they get things done, are able to make good decisions and do it quickly...is that what a nurse is supposed to be like? I'm....."nice". and what i discovered as motivation to go on was to travel, to nurse third world kids back to health...
Am i really supposed to be in this field? LORD.....show me. inspire me, God.


2 comments:
I'm sure! well not really, but it is hard to say what field we should be in, I keep getting asked that question lately, about "what are you planning to do after graduation?" and I've been ask this a lot this summer and I still don't know. Your already thinking about it ahead of time which is a good thing, is nursing the way God wants to you serve him? maybe there is another way, hope you find it!
I actually think of that question myself still, even now in masters.
Maybe, the question isn't so much if this field is for you particularly (because things/needs can change a lot down the road and we might ask that same question when we're 40)
...but how can studying the field right now help develop you as a person/worker/servant/care giver/child of God - that really translates to helping you be better in ANYTHING you do in the future.
Good job finding pics of tired nurses. Man, I wonder if that's how Becca is looking at work...poor girl!
Post a Comment