Monday, September 24, 2007

But i'm singing a new song...

My new favorite:
TESTIFY TO LOVE by Avalon

All the colors of the rainbow
All the voices of the wind
Every hand that reaches out
That reaches out to find where love begins

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." - John 15:9

How do you remain in God's love...show God's love...on the field?
What does it FEEL LIKE to practice the presence of God, while competing?

HOLY SWEAT!

Really now. I thought I was gonna be ok with this class. As an "athlete"...pseudo-athlete?...I've always been one to be TOO NICE on the field. I'll stop when someone trips, when I bump into someone....stop when the game isn't fair.
"must show that I'm different!"
Sure, let me laugh it all the way! But being Christlike in the game is SO MUCH MORE.

... like apparently everyone else knows already, having good sportsmanship doesn't mean not trying because the other team's not doing so well. It seems to be more about giving some good, "hearty", even, competition.
During the last three weeks of Holy Sweat, the biggest challenge was acceptance. Needing approval of the teammates to feel good, etc....it's funny how the class that i missed was just about that! Approval, and being approved by God. I'm learning, slowly....
I can't quite grasp the tools and ideas that have been given us to use. I end up shouting because others are shouting. And I gotta admit, the first time we were told to yell "nail it", i felt almost ashamed to do it. (not quite sure why either). If only I could grasp the fire it holds!!
Every word of every story
Every star in every sky
Every corner of creation lives to testify
I think I found my zone. As I made my way back home from the bus stop...I had a revelation. I sing. What if I sang to myself while playing??? :D oh, joy!!It's what bring me up the most, it's what brings me back the most. It gets me into it.
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences
When words are not enough
And with every breathe I take
I'll give thanks to god above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
Being witnesses in the silence.
Being witness in the noise might be even better. XD

2 comments:

Albert said...

Way to put the lyrics all over the blog post like how you hope to sing during the game. Profound! So profound I wonder if it was by accident ;-) jks buddy, glad you found the zone. I'll write you a song that has "fill up" & "standing flag" in it and you have to sing k? Even if I write it out of tune right? ;-)

I YouTubed the song. Good stuff. Remember to memorize those verses!

Imelda said...

I didn't understand all of that and I think I missed the profundity that Albert caught...but it sounds good overall, so :D