Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bloody awesome


I donated blood today for the 2nd time! You should too!

Only about 1 in 60 donated blood last year (wait, is that.....1.7%!!?!? lower than the US's 5%?!). This all goes to the 4-6 days' supply of blood that is used to meet the bloody needs of the entire country. Yes, more is needed. Yes, it's in you to give!

It's part of your biological potential to help others....put those body fluids to better use - saving lives (up to 3 for every donation, they say!). Their privacy policy is relatively OK, so even if you feel that your blood might not be acceptable, they repeatedly give you the choice to say "no, don't use my blood".

Now, for you Jesus freaks, our role model donated his blood to save our souls, we should donate our blood to save others' bodies. After that, maybe they'll get chances to be soul-saved too. Everyone wins! Start counting those heavenly crowns! I have 2 more than you do, virgin donors.

My resolution after going the first time was to bring someone to donate with me every time I went....darn, I broke it already. Anyone want to come with me next?

No comments: